Vintage Illustration

Friday, October 8, 2010



I have had the privilege to help run a holiday programme for the past two weeks looking after kids between the ages of 5 and 15. It was an awesome experience and I loved every single minute of it. 
The things I loved the most was, the widening of the eyes when the kids saw a room full of bouncy castles, the smiles they each shared when they were having a good time, the openness to talk when they felt comfortable, and most of all the child like fun!!!
I am definitely putting my name down for next time.

On the other hand, I took another day roadtrip yesterday with a bunch of friends and made a spontaneous decision to do a treasure hunt. 
Now just to clear things up, my treasure hunts are completely different from what you would imagine, our treasure are people. 
What you do is, when you see a person that stands out to you, take a good look at them and think of an encouraging word, such as "I love your sense of style" or "I think your absolutely beautiful," and speak it out. It will make their day and they will feel very appreciated for someone to take time out of their day to share their encouraging thoughts. It is definitely life changing. I want to encourage you too, to speak to a total stranger and compliment them in anyway you feel will touch them the most. It fills me with Joy when I see them smile, and you too will feel that joy when you compliment strangers.

14 comments:

Marinka October 8, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

those are really cute, it remind me of scrapbook paper ^^

fajas October 20, 2010 at 2:07 AM  

I love your designs. Its simple yet elegant. And because I love birds, thanks for the share.

lauren carney October 21, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

hay dolly,
your fancy display of pretty pictures
makes my little tummy flutter.
love your blog to pieces.
I'll enjoy admiring it form afar! x

Clare October 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM  

oh how sweet and i agree with Marinka they remind me of scrapbook paper to. If only i could have "it's nice to be nice" to hang up in my classroom sometimes children need to be reminded.

missysue November 30, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

I make this (the telling of how beautiful people are) a daily practice. I love to see their face's light up.

Love your blog ;o)

love + luck + bliss,
missysue

Miles Of Style January 1, 2011 at 6:32 PM  

Happy New Year dear friend! Have a fabulous 2011!
xo, Persis.

Dylana Suarez March 6, 2011 at 7:11 PM  

This is all so so wonderful!

xoxo,

colormenana.blogspot.com

Miles Of Style May 16, 2011 at 5:41 PM  

those pics are sooo adorable and lovely!

Miles Of Style May 16, 2011 at 5:41 PM  

those pics are sooo adorable and lovely!

Patiness August 7, 2011 at 3:56 AM  

www.patiness.blogspot.com

Zapraszam :)

Hilla Hryniszyn October 22, 2011 at 2:49 AM  

love anything thats vintage:)
lovely blog
take a look at my new blog:) thanx

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP